Employer: Peoples’ Development Forum (PDF)
Duty Station: Dodoma, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 10th June 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with the project manager and other project and non project staff to plan, develop and implement the organization and project social marketing strategy with clearly defined objectives and targets.
• Implement the annual social marketing plan and implement, working with other team managers to ensure and foster an intergrated approach across the organization and to maximize on resources at all times.
• Prepare and establish criteria for selection of entrepreneurs and artisans
• Identify, select and register potential entrepreneurs and artisans in line with the selection criteria.
• Link the selected entrepreneurs and artisans on sanitation marketing through promotional campaigns (triggering) to generate demands.
• Preparation of training manual for Entrepreneurs & Artisans with English & Swahili versions.
• Promote sanitation products by social marketing strategies through 4 P’s that is Product
• (Branding, demand responsive, market segmentation modularization, branding product standardization technology options); Price (Affordability, availability, cost, price and smart subsidies); Place and Promotion (Mass media, shows supported by spots, songs, and DJ mentions, Direct Consumer Contact (DCC), Interactive roadshows through entertainment, contests, and testimonials; Interpersonal Communications (IPC),
• Promotional materials, calendars for offices and public places, T-shirts for sanitation committees, masons, champions, point-of-sale branding for masons, Kangas (traditional cloth) for households, and notebooks and pens for local officials).
• Sale sanitation technological options and services at village level through open public meeting, Talks in market places/auction etc.
• Conducting capacity building and other trainings to Entrepreneurs & Artisans on
• Sanitation supply side processes, sanitation and hygiene technological options, sanitation as a business, demand and supply and other social marketing topics.
• Preparation of communications materials to promote sanitation products and services through social marketing strategies.
• Conduct researches on health channels in order to plan and implement a program of cost free social marketing to reach relevant audiences
• Plan and manage cause driven social marketing initiatives to increase recognition and public support, identifying appropriate tactics, mechanics and audiences
• Lead and co-ordinate the design and production of social marketing materials
• Taking the responsibility for social marketing through official PDF website and social media and app through online and offline campaigns.
• Effectively promote, manage and maintain the project brands across all of the organization activities ensuring consistency of message and strict adherence to the corporate guidelines.
• Ensure all staff is brand aware through brand induction sessions for all new starters as well as regular refresher workshop for existing staff to ensure appropriate use of the organization brand.
• Organize and co-ordinate the representation of our brand at relevant trade fairs/ exhibitions which have the potential to reach new audiences, working in collaboration with other partners.
• At least a holder of a Degree majoring in marketing
• Should have a background of sanitation and hygiene (should have attended a course on sanitation and hygiene) and should have attended successive trainings relevant to sanitation and hygiene to complement the course attended
• Experience of not less than 5 years in water, sanitation and hygiene from key actors in
• WASH Sector working in sanitation marketing unit.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in English and Swahili
• Proven ability to prioritize in a demanding environment, multiple accountabilities, and to tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work in an accountable and flexible way in a not for profit organization or any institution
• Experience of delivering participative training to various clients or staff
• Proven ability to drive motor vehicle and motor bike
How to Apply:
Submit your evidence based application to:
The Executive Director,
Peoples’ Development Forum,
Dar Es Salaam,
Email: email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PDF is not bound to accept your application. Any request for clarification be sent to these emails.
Note: PDF is a free corruption organization. Solicitation of any nature seeking for a favor is totally not accepted and we do not ask anything when employing.
Any corrupt circumstances are directly reported to the General Secretary at email@example.com.