Job Title: Program Manager – 1 post
Employer: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
Duty Station: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th June 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop strategic linkages, coordination and harmonization between partners initiatives, and provide opportunities for joint programming.
• Monitor budgets from sources to ensure that levels of disbursement are consistent with committed resources and are in compliance with contractual obligations;
• Establish priorities in the development and implementation of program initiatives and ensure that appropriate support facilities and associated policies and procedures are established and functional to meet the need of children lost their parental care or are at risk of losing that care.
• Coaching and guiding staff on child protection, survival and development in Zanzibar and working with Local government authorities especially, social welfare/community development officers at National level.
• Ensure effective performance management systems are implemented for all programme staff, including job descriptions, regular review sessions, and annual performance appraisal, in line with the required practices of the national association for the intention of building a string team.
• Work hand in hand with Quality Assurance department to put in place effective monitoring and evaluation plans and systems, on the basis of the international systems requirements, as a basis for ongoing monitoring, self-evaluation and external impact evaluation. These tools shall facilitate both quantitative and qualitative evaluation, using participatory approaches
Academic Qualification and Experiences:
• University graduate in one or combination of the following disciplines: Public Administration, Organizational Management, Children and Youth Care programming, Sociology and Development studies.
• Strong background on programming and projects management
• Robust experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
• Strong background in proposal development and donor negotiation skills with good track record of awarded proposals.
• Strong, leadership and interpersonal skills and group dynamics management skills
• Working experiences not less than 5 years which should include: at least 3 - 4 years working at managerial levels within reputable NGOs working in Tanzania.
• Strong background in livelihoods and economic empowerment for most vulnerable groups
• Proposal writing skills and ability to forge and manage partnership with Government and Civil Society Organizations.
• The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and staff, maintaining the required high standards.
• Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines
How to Apply:
send your application by letter or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies making you the right candidate for this position, Enclose a detailed updated CV, copies of academic & professional certificates, a passport size photo, telephone contacts and details of at least 3 referees with their emails, address & phone numbers. All candidates will be subject to child protection recruitment procedures and checks. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. Addressed to:-
The National Director
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
P. O. Box 80462 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.