Job Title: People & Asset Protection Officer - 3 POSTS
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th June 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Report all problems to the First Line Leader.
• Interact and participate with the Mining Contractor, which is responsible for conduct of mining activities.
• Fully comply with Voluntary Principles (VPs) on Human Rights and the Use of Force.
• Ensure the safety and security of any posts they may be assigned to during their rostered shift.
• Search Personnel, Vehicles and areas of responsibilities.
• Ensure that the daily occurrence book for each post is completed accurately.
• Maintain physical fitness, high standard of personal hygiene and dress, bearing.
• Ensure total adherence to all Safety & Security Policies of PML, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Actively plan and manage training lAW Security Management direction. Participate in training activities to gain new Skills, assume increasing accountability.
• Be proactive in all aspects of Security to prevent and eliminate theft and fraud.
• Attend regular people and asset protection meetings.
• Ensure no disruption to work due to industrial relations issues.
• Carry out any other relevant duties as assigned by the First Line Leader.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• A secondary Education, Form Four (0 Level) as a minimum requirement
• Valid Tanzania Driver's license.
• Related qualification within the security industry.
• Minimum 2 years experience in the Military, Police, or as a Security Professional working in a mine.
• Advanced skills in Security Operations, including training, Field surveillance, deployment &
• Maintains a sense of calm and control in crisis situations
• Outstanding communication skills - oral, written, and presentation
• High level of interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Full name;
• Birth Certificate/Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include village / town / city where living);
• Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
• Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via the apply now button below
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Please forward your applications before the 20th June 2014