Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th June 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Report directly to the NGSS Section Leader on status of Dog training and operational capability on a daily basis.
• React to and deploy security dogs in accordance with Kg Section operating procedures.
• Develop and implement new training techniques, maintain dog training, and dog handler training.
• Maintain effective personal log books and records for each dog at the Kg section.
• Ensure the Kg section standards of discipline and professionalism are maintained at all times
• Regular (Arrange) veterinarian checks are to be maintained on a regular basis.
• Ensure the safety and security of any posts they may be assigned to.
• Search Personnel, Vehicles and areas of assignment.
• Apply the Barrick Guidelines on the Use of force and Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights.
• Ensure that the daily occurrence book for each post is completed accurately.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills Required:
• A secondary Education, Form Four (0 Level) as a minimum requirement
• Preferred experience in the military, police services or security environment
• Knowledge of Tanzanian legal process.
• Maintains a sense of calm and control in crisis situations.
• Experience with security operations.
• Attend regular security meetings.
• Ensure no disruption to work due to industrial relations issues.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Full name;
• Birth Certificate/Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include village / town / city where living);
• Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
• Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via the apply now button below
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Please forward your applications before the 20th June 2014