Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Employer: Honeyguide Foundation
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th June 2014
• The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will manage all M&E activities of the department according to the master system designed by the various team members, clients and IT consultants;
• Provide overall technical oversight of monitoring, evaluation and research activities;
• Assist project personnel with establishing evaluation plans for activities and the design of instruments;
• The M&E Manager will be responsible for creating and maintaining a master calendar of all project activities which require monitoring, as well as ensuring that planned M&E activities are executed in accordance with the calendar;
• Ensure that the design of the teams’ evaluation plan and methodology is adequate in answering the relevant evaluation questions;
• The M&E Manager will be responsible for editing, printing and distributing all M&E tools and surveys for the CCS department in a timely and efficient manner. The M&E Manager will be held accountable to a strict budget for all M&E related tools;
• Supervise data collection/submission (including digital data collection on staff and consultants) to ensure high quality data;
• The M&E Manager will supervise data collection and data entry teams and be responsible for the timely completion of data collection and data entry;
• The M&E manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of SMART software and GIS software and reporting tools;
• The M&E Manager will write, edit and compile reports related to the work of the department for all the clients;
• Lead the data analysis process and see that the findings of the data collected are communicated fully and accurately in the written evaluation report;
• The M&E manager will be responsible for ensuring all strategic plans have clear indicators and quantifiable criteria to enable reporting of the performance of all AP and HWC units;
• Support team in presenting evaluation findings in a manner that attracts attention and action by policymakers and stakeholders;
• The M&E Manager will report to and be evaluated by the Executive Director of Honeyguide Foundation, Tanzania with a dotted line reporting responsibility to the Conservation department and the Donor Services department;
• The M&E manager will be responsible for the R&D of the department and the equipment used by the field officers and others.
Qualifications and Required Skills:
• Candidate must have at least three years of experience supporting or designing sophisticated M&E systems for an NGO or business.
• Candidate must be fluent in both professional written and spoken Swahili and English.
• Candidate must have significant experience writing excellent written reports to outside donors/stakeholders or clients.
• Candidate must have fluency/expertise in office and GIS applications:
• QGIS, ArcGIS or other modern GIS systems, including geoprocessing, good understanding of georeferencing and coordinate systems, and management of vector and raster data;
• Microsoft Office Word / Excel or equivalent.
• Candidate must have experience using qualitative M&E methodologies/models.
• Candidate must have experience in field data collection with GPS and training/supervising teams of data collectors.
• Candidate must be comfortable training ITT Project personnel on general M&E concepts as well as the specific M&E system of the ITT Project.
• Candidate must be adaptable and maintain a positive attitude; she or he must be comfortable working in a flexible work environment and coordinating among several partner entities.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary & Benefits:
Full-time position based on experience and qualifications; salary will correspond to the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their CV, with at least 2 references, and a cover letter outlining their interest in applying for the post to: email@example.com with M&E Manager Application in the subject line.
HGF is open to receiving applications immediately and intends to make the position available