Job Title: National Financial Management and Procurement Expert
Employer: Private Forestry Programme
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 13th June 2014
• At least B.5c. in Accounting, Economics, Financial Administration or related field and experience in financial administration and management
• CPA (T) - National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA)
• Experience in financial management of international projects
• Fluency in spoken and written Kiswahili and English languages
• Ability to write reports for management
• Minimum 7 years of relevant working experience
• Experience in working with financing mechanisms relevant to the proposed TGI5 (e.g. small grants programs)
The National Financial Management and Procurement Expert will be' responsible for the implementation of all the activities related to the project financial management in close collaboration and under the supervision of the International Financial Manager. S/he shall gradually take over the overall responsibility for the financial and administrative functions of the project, including logistical services; s/he will prepare financial management and administrative rules to be followed by all project implementing partners and train them in following the rules; s/he will support the Programme Director in financial planning, budgeting and producing timely expenditure reports and support the International Financial Manager in contract management and procurement. In collaboration with and under the supervision of the International Financial Manager s/he will contribute to the TGIS planning, establishment, management and development. Together with the Plantation Forestry Manager s/he will monitor project fund management activities by tree growers and TGAs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement financial planning and budget monitoring in all financial matters (managerial accounting, treasury and control), including monitoring of TGIS fund use and management.
• Practical input in administrative policies and procedures
• Practical input in TGIS development
• Responsible for procurements according the procedures of MFA
• Capacity building (training, development of manuals) on financial management
• Managing the contracts for any outsourced services
• Prepare monthly accounts and quarterly and annual financial reports as agreed in the work plan
• Administrative day-to-day support to International Financial Manager
• Responsible for day-to-day accounting of project expenses
• Any other duties that may be assigned by the International Financial Manager/Programme Director.
S/he will work in collaboration with and under the supervision of the International Financial Manager/Programme director and will report to them.
How to Apply:
For further information please contact NIRAS Tanzania office by email: email@example.com AND cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are qualified and are ready to share your expertise working in an international team, Please send your current CV and application letter, in English, by email to above mentioned addresses.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews of the shortlisted candidates will be done in June 2014 in Dar es Salaam.