Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 11th July 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee daily operations of a successful online news and current affairs blog.
• Devise marketing and improvement strategies to effectively drive traffic to the site and increase our daily number of hits.
• Oversee and monitor content to ensure a consistent number of interesting and relevant articles appear on the blog covering a variety of subject matter.
• Create profit for the blog by selling advertising space to local companies. Pitch benefits and success of the blog to make the project self-sustainable.
• Monitor finances and develop budgets that staff must adhere to.
In taking on this role you will also take over as manager of the Mo Dewji Foundation, MeTL’s non-profit organization. The Foundation, which was launched this year, aims to engage in programs aimed at improving lives in Tanzania to enable and empower the many under-privileged citizens who continue to struggle today.
Your duties for the foundation will include:
• Seek out appropriate and compatible partners to collaborate with on philanthropic and CSR projects.
• Initiate and manage projects across Tanzania in Education and Healthcare.
• Oversee and adhere to budgets and monitor outgoings for due diligence purposes.
Please get in touch and send your CV with cover letter for this exciting and rare opportunity.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV along with a cover letter through the apply now button below documenting your past experience, current area of work and why you feel you would be good for this job.