Job Title: Maintenance Planner (Electrical) – 1 post
Employer: Tanzania Portland Cement Company Limited
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 27th June 2014
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent.
• Good knowledge of Computer especially Microsoft Projects is an added advantage.
• Familiar with COMPUTERIZED MAINTENANCE SYSTEM-ENTERPRISE ASSET MANAGEMENT (EAM)
• Minimum of three (3) years of working experience in the cement industry or similar industries.
• Must be registered with the Engineers Registration Board(ERB).
• Must be fluent in speaking and writing both English and Swahili languages.
• Coordinate all maintenance activities for the department. Prioritize and schedule work from the work order backlog system.
• Manage the planning of the step by step execution of major equipment outages and significant repairs, by utilizing project-planning techniques and software.
• Set time and cost estimates for work orders to optimize resource utilization.
• Continuously update maintenance performance data and statistics, technical documentation and back-log.
• Prepare specifications for purchase of electrical equipments, service and projects equipment in coordination with procurement department.
• Develop budgets, estimating labour, material, and project costs.
• Plan, control and review activities during a shutdown period in order to minimize downtime and costs and coordinate maintenance activities with all other departments and define the maintenance master plan accordingly.
• Prepare daily plan, work orders and weekly plan and review priorities in the context of work orders and needs of other departments.
• Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards.
• Coordinate and support all activities made using the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) module.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
How to Apply:
All applications should be clearly marked the position applying and should be addressed to:
The Director of Human Resources,
Tanzania Portland Cement Company Limited
P.O. Box 1950,
Dar es Salaam.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the recruitment process.