Job Title: Light Vehicle Mechanics – 4 posts
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga and Mara, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 26th June 2014
• Listen to engines, fit and operate special test equipment, and test-drive vehicles
• Repair or replace worn or faulty parts by removing assemblies such as engines, transmissions, differentials or steering gear; dismantling them and checking parts, referring to manuals as necessary.
• Reassemble test, clean and adjust repaired or replaced parts or assemblies, using various instruments to make sure they are working properly and putting them back into the vehicle
• Tune engines using special electronic equipment and make fine adjustments for smoother running
• Carry out minor body repairs and minor trim repairs
• Diagnose, Test and repair electrical systems such as lighting, instrumentation, ignition and electronic fuel injection.
• To diagnose faults and do necessary repairs safely and properly.
• To control and log service intervals properly.
• To properly control and record all findings and spares used on job cards
• To interact with drivers as to vehicle's mechanical condition and roadworthiness
• To give constant feedback regarding condition, services and repairs to Maintenance First Line Leader.
• Maintain a safe, clean and healthy working environment.
• Report to Maintenance First Line Leader any irregularities that may be found during execution of your duties.
• Maintain a good working relationship with Buzwagi team
• Comply with all ABG policies and procedures at all times.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills Required:
• Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) and Level 3 mechanical qualification.
• Valid Tanzania driving license wi!l be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 4 years experience as a vehicle mechanic.
• Light vehicle mechanic must be experienced in the servicing and repairs of all light vehicles, competent in carrying out preventative maintenance and also be competent in the repairs of gearboxes, differentials, engines, brake systems and suspensions.
• Mining experience will be an added advantage.
• Clear and effective communication skills in written and spoken English.
• Must be willing to contribute towards building a safe and healthy working environment.
• Performance Orientation, Strong Influencing Skills, High level of interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Full name;
• Birth Certificate/Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include-village / town / city where living);
• Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
• Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title In the subject heading) via email@example.com.
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance: competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, hea h and safety Management. .