Job Title; Human Resources Officer-Industrial Relations
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th June 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle Industrial Relation and Disciplinary hearing issues as HR representative with the highest sense of confidentiality and ethics;
• Maintaining accurate records with regards to permit applications, expiry of permits and renewals.
• Support and attend day-to-day queries from employees with regards to HR Processes and Procedures.
• Collects, analyses and reports data related to counseling, discipline and Industrial litigation, recommending and implementing strategies to address trends identified by data
• Acting as a liaison and player in all matters related to employee union negotiations and communication.
• Monitoring of the effectiveness of the Disciplinary Machinery and making recommendations to the IR Section Leader for review and further discussion.
• Participate in administration of IR policies and procedures and oversee the administration thereof to ensure consistent and equitable consideration and management of all employees.
• Advice Management on all legal issues and particularly that are the labour related in nature and interpretation of HR policies.
• Coordinate management efforts and strategies in resolving imminent industrial disputes or any industrial disputes as they may arise
• Attend to the Commission of Mediation and Arbitration and Labour Court session on labour related matters.
• Advice and coach supervisors on understanding, interpretation and execution of internal disciplinary process/procedure.
• Work closely with Trade Union(s) on employee relations issues.
• Assist in the administration of recruitment and placement processes in accordance to Barrick standards and Buzwagi Mine procedures.
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Law degree (LLB) or Social Science Degree with strong Legal background tenable by the accredited Higher Learning Institution.
• At least 4 years working experience.
• Good knowledge of Tanzania Labour Laws
• Sound knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practice.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Full name;
• Birth Certificate/Copy of traveling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include village / town / city where living);
• Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
• Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via the apply now button below
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Please forward your applications before the 20th June 2014