Job Title: HR Assistant Manager
Employer: Global Careers Company
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th June 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support management team by translating their business plans and goals into the human resource capabilities needed; Proactively identifying areas where HR can add value by adopting a business approach to HR issues in order to recommend appropriate actions. Responsible for managing and monitoring the implementation of Corporate and Business Unit HR programs. Analyse, prepare and deliver findings and recommendations related to people strategies e.g. workforce trending, talent and attrition information and other ad-hoc requests related to human capital to HOD.
• Manage the partnership and collaboration with HR Manager. Manage the partnership and collaboration with Talent Acquisition and Compensation on all hiring practices.
• Help Practice Heads and managers in the following areas: organizational development, workforce planning, staffing, employee relations, performance management and coaching, organizational learning and development, team-building, change management and succession planning
• Address employee relations issues effectively and pragmatically, assessing the risk and commercial implications of employee related business decisions
• Support management team in performance management initiatives and restructuring where necessary
• Draw on contractual and legislative expertise to ensure a legislatively compliant organisation
• Work closely with different department, functions and subject matter experts to help align global corporate policies with location specific requirements
• Provide a high-quality, responsive and business focused HR service which will require hands-on and transactional support
• Provide the HOD with various types of employee reports, data analysis and recommendations including compensation, stock, job levels, attrition and others as needed
• Ensure that any role, department or other changes to employment status are executed in line with company policy, processes and local regulations.
• Participate in cross- departmental projects and HR and organisational initiatives
• Process all HR initiatives set by the overall HR leadership, formalize and streamline current internal processes.
• Act as an ambassador for the HR model, actively driving up standards to highlight the benefits of the model for all staff and managers.
• 5+ years of experience in HR function.
• Strong employee relations experience; employment law knowledge is essential.
• Experience of managed businesses and previous exposure to International HRM desired.
• Fluent in English.
• Bright and commercially astute with the business acumen and gravitas to establish credibility with the business.
• Technically competent and with the confidence and credibility to constructively challenge Business managers, enabling you to work with them as a HR Business Partner delivering business focused solutions.
• A self-starter, proactive, resilient with a positive, “can do” and “roll-up-the-sleeves” mentality to get the job done.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships across the business.
• Flexible and resilient. Demonstrable ability to influence and drive change.
• Confident working autonomously and proactively whilst at the same time recognising the need to be sensitive of the impact of initiatives on other areas of the business.
• Comfortable with dealing with operational details, as well as some conceptual issues.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Must have a Global mindset; sensitive to cultural diversity.
• Degree educated
• HR professional qualification preferred
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirement kindly send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the qualified candidates will be contacted