Job Title: Heavy Equipment Operator
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga and Mara, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 26th June 2014
Duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure that safety standards, FLRA, Safe Working Procedures and complied in full in order to achieve Zero Lost Time Injury (LTI) Frequency Rate.
• Conduct a comprehensive Prestart check for any Mining Equipment prior to using it and ensure full ownership and care to the end of the shift.
• Work with the Mine Dispatcher to ensure that load and haul equipment is utilised in an optimum manner. Provide timely acknowledgement of dispatch assignments and achieve designed loads per hour.
• Good care and optimal utilisation of G.E. T. (bucket, teeth, cutting edge, blade etc).
• Good floor, levels and grading control for Excavator, Dozer and Grader Operators.
• Report breakdowns, equipment damage, safety near misses, incidents and accidents according to the laid out procedures including completing the Shift report at the end of each shift.
• To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, efficient utilization of the resources, Continuous
Improvement Initiatives; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
• Ensure efficient utilisation of resources; including fuel, tyres, fire extinguishers etc.
• Ensure NO abuse of equipment.
• Any other duties that may be assigned to fulfill the overall business objective.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills Required:
• Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE) or trade test in mechanics.
• Certificate of competence on heavy equipments such as Excavator, Shovel, Dozer, Wheel Loader, Grader or Dump Truck.
• Valid Tanzania driving license.
Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Must have Heavy equipment operating experience on service truck or one of the following:-
Excavator, Shovel, Dozer, Grader or Dump Truck
• Mining experience especially on open pit will be an added advantage.
• Clear and effective communication skills in written and spoken English.
• Must be willing to contribute towards building a safe and healthy working environment.
• Performance Orientation, Strong Influencing Skills, High level of interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Full name;
• Birth Certificate/Copy of traveling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include-village / town / city where living);
• Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
• Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits. Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title In the subject heading) via email@example.com.
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance: competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, hea h and safety Management. .