Job Title: Director
Employer: Desert Locust Control Organization For Eastern Africa
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 14th June 2014
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Aerial Surveys and Control of Mandated Migrant Pests (Locusts, Grain eating birds (Quelea), Armyworm) and a vector (Tsetse fly) in Eastern Africa
• Operational Research Programmes and activities which are confined to Migrant Pest Control, Pesticide use and safety in the Region
• Coordination of the information flow and forecasting upsurges of the Migrant Pests
• Staff Development.
• The transmission by means of periodic reports to Contracting States, to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and to any other official body considered appropriate by the Council, of full information on the nature of the locust infestations and other mandated pests (Quelea birds, Armyworm and Tsetse Fly), the progress of research and the operation of control measures within the Region;
• The maintenance of full cooperation with other Organizations concerned with the general directives of the Council;
• The collection of the contributions of Contracting States;
• The maintenance of the accounts of the Organization.
• A Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree in Agriculture or its equivalent with postgraduate training in Business Administration/Management and experience of not less than 1 ° years working in a senior level Management in a related discipline.
• Proven ability to work in harmony with people of different national and cultural backgrounds is highly desirable.
• Fluent in English, Knowledge of French is an advantage
• DLCO-EA Scale R-1, i.e. US$ 32,086.00 to US$ 40,493.00 per annum. Entry point negotiable.
The post carries house allowance or housing, medical, terminal indemnity and other benefits according to the Organization's Service Regulations as well as the privileges and immunities accorded to it as an international Organization.
How to Apply:
Applications with copies of Educational testimonies and CV should be hand delivered or sent within 10 days from the date of this advertisement to the following address:
The Base Manager
P.O. Box 593
For more information about Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa (DLCO•EA) please visit www.dlcoea.org.et DLCO-EA Standard Application form can be downloaded from the website or obtained from DLCO-EA Base.
NB: Those who have already applied are not required to reapply.
Application envelopes should be marked “Application for Post of Director”