Job Title: Condition Monitoring Technician
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 20th June 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Carries out routine condition monitoring tasks on all the rotating equipment by data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools as per established schedules and plant requirements.
• Carries out extensive analysis on the vibration, thickness, & thermograph test & other data collected to diagnose / troubleshoot rotating machinery problems and recommend remedial measures.
• Reports any major changes in equipment condition to the condition monitoring engineer and maintain data in the computerized system and produces regular reports.
• Assists Condition Monitoring Engineer in technical reports preparation by providing all relevant vibration plots & process data.
• Archive data for history and retrieval when required.
• Maintains equipment files that contain equipment datasheet, maintenance history etc.
• Maintains all condition monitoring tools / instruments as per the guidelines.
• Maintains various soft wares used in the mine and also responsible for reliability and availability of these systems (FUR Quick Report, SKF @PTITUDE ANALYSIS).
• Building of condition monitoring database in the software, scheduling routes for new units / plants as situation arises.
• Assist in arranging for Lube oil analysis of critical rotating, mine heavy mobile equipment, drill rigs, dewatering pumps and analyze / recommend remedial measures ~om the reports.
• Actively participates in Reliability Improvement Programmes and Root Cause Failure Analysis process.
• Proposes improvements to enhance the reliability & availability of rotating & mine heavy mobile equipment.
• Participates in plant turnaround activities as and when requested by the direct supervisor.
• Actively works in CMMS systems like PRONTO/FLOW CENTRIC to get the equipment overhauls history, PM plans etc.
• Performs the job as per ABG Standard established HSE procedures and guidelines.
Qualifications, Experience And Skills Required:
• Higher Diploma or equivalent in Engineering (Mechanical or Instrumentation) from tenable by the accredited Hiqher Learning Institution.
• At least six (6) years working experience as Mechanical Technician or Reliability Technician
• Practical knowledge of Vibration Analysis, Thermal Imaging, Oil Analysis, and knowledge in
• Laser Alignment would be an added advantage.
• Knowledge of slow/medium/high speed complex rotating equipment and their maintenance techniques
• Sound knowledge of mining safety regulations and best practice.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
• Full name;
• Birth Certificate/Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
• Home address (include village / town / city where living);
• Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
• Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via the apply now button below
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.
Please forward your applications before the 20th June 2014