Job Title; Chief Research Officer
Employer: Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastern Africa
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: 14th June 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plans, directs and supervises all scientific research activities undertaken by the Organization and ensures the issuance of technical reports.
• Liaises with institutions/bodies within and outside the region in matters pertaining to DLCO-EA research activities.
• Coordinates with Director to conduct special operational activities for research purposes.
• Coordinates preparation of working papers for Technical Committee meetings and acts as Technical Secretary for such meetings.
• Plans and coordinates training programmes with the Divisions of Administration and Finance to ensure that all research personnel are proficient in their assigned duties.
• Develops and improves spraying techniques for the mandated migrant pests.
• An advanced Degree in Entomology from a recognized University with at least 5 years post-qualification experience in leading or directing research programmes/projects associated with plant protection.
• Ability to work in harmony with people of different national and cultural backgrounds is highly desirable.
• Be computer literate and proficient in data collection analysis and report writing.
Place of Work: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (Headquarters)
Terms of Employment: 3 yrs Contract Renewable
Salary and Benefits: Scale R3 Entry point negotiable rUSs 25,872 - 27,424) Per Annum (p. a), and other benefits as per the Organization's Service regulations.]
Age Limit: 35- 55 years
How to Apply:
Applications with copies of Educational testimonies and CV should be hand delivered or sent within 10 days from the date of this advertisement to the following address:
The Base Manager
For more information about Desert Locust Control Organization for Eastem Africa (OLCO-EA) please visit.DLCO-EA Standard Application form can be downloaded from the website or obtained from DLCO-EA Base.
NB. Those who have already applied are not required to reapply.