Job Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th June 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintaining adequate, accurate and up-to-date books of accounts
• Prepare payment vouchers and ensure availability of all necessary supporting documents
• Carry out timely posting of financial transactions
• Prepare quarterly financial reports to the management and donor reports in the required intervals
• Participate in the development of organisational budgets and support program staff in the preparation of operational budgets and issues of financial management where the need arises.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and ensure that they are filed properly.
• Prepare monthly pay roll summaries
• Prepare fund request to donor and respond to donor queries
• Update of fixed asset register at quarterly intervals
• Ensure timely payment of statutory and contractual debts.
• Ensure correctness and appropriateness of payments made to employees and outsiders in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all payments made are in line with the respective budgets, follow the principle of segregation of duties and are properly authorised.
• Always be updated about Tanzanian tax laws and regulations which are relevant to the organisation and ensure that they adhered to.
• Prepare for annual audit
The candidate will be reporting to the Finance Manager.
• The applicant is confident with multi-donor accounting and able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• S/he is a good communicator and able to effectively work with others.
• As a member of a creative and innovative team
• S/he is able to provide and receive feedback and willing to self reflection and self-appraisal.
• S/he is keen to work in an environment of shared learning and innovation and participate in team building activities beyond his/her accounts responsibilities.
• Degree in Accounting and a minimum of 2 years working experience. Previous experience with an NGO is an added advantage. Proficiency in at least one accounting package, preferably Quick books.
How to Apply:
Send your C.V and at least two letters of reference;. a statement of not more than one page on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; UZIKWASA is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please use the following two emails: firstname.lastname@example.org; and email@example.com