Job Title: Training Expert (Learning &Development and Performance Management)
Employer: FINCA International Inc - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in Planning , developing and implementing training programs that address FINCA wide and unit specific training and development needs
• Assess and determine that quality of training including course design, instructions, program evaluations, training materials and learning reinforcement strategies to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving goals and objectives of FINCA
• Plan and deliver organizational development interventions, through collaboration with departmental heads/unit heads on organization design and effectiveness, team, business issues, talent development and leadership development
• Design and deliver specific training and development solutions to enhance leadership and managerial effectiveness.
• Manage the design and implementation of performance management tools, techniques and training across FINCA. Develop and ensure delivery of training that helps managers conduct performance evaluations and discussions. Provide tools, resources, support and training to support employee career development and progression. Provides coaching to managers and supervisors on effective performance management tactics.
• Consults with managers on development strategies including mentoring, training, and rotational assignments.
• Develops and monitors processes for addressing poor performance. Follow up with line managers and ensure regular feedback processes are being conducted and employees on development plans are following through on key development goals.
• Establishes a continuous performance improve efforts, monitoring reporting systems and regularly reports the status of performance improvement efforts and impacts. Coordinates and prepares annual accountability reports including return on investment analysis and other impact reviews
• Monitors HRIS data related to performance management.
• Ensures that appraisal, development, and corrective action programs comply with local employment laws.
• Contribute to human resources special projects and talent, learning and organization development
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
• Design - Uses feedback to modify designs.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
• Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Managing People - Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Proven ability to complete full training cycle ( assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
• Experience in performance management , employee engagement and organizational development critical to this role
• Strong influence, communication and negotiation skills required to influence employees and managers to address performance issues and development opportunities
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance management; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; principles and practices of management
• Knowledge of recent developments, current literature and information related to training and development
Education & Experience:
• 4 – 5 years of experience in coordinating training & development and performance management.
• Exposure to 360 assessment tools, coaching and counseling methodologies desirable.
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Psychology or, Adult Education preferred
• Certified as a Trainer of Trainers
• Exposure and experience in learning management systems and e - learning tools and processes.
• Fluency in English and Local language. Knowledge of French and Swahili desirable
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office products
• Performance management plans
• Career path management for Credit officers and savings officers
• Development plan implementation for identified talents
• Ensuring all managers are appraised on KPIs (2014 is Savings, Customer Service & People Management)
• FINCA Departmental heads and Line Managers
• External Training consultants
• Training Institutions and Resource centers
• Regional HR and Training team
• Other training experts in FINCA Subsidiaries
Availability to travel 50 % of the time
Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail.
This position will be based in any of the following countries; Malawi, Tanzania or Zambia. Applicants must be citizens or must have work authorization for any of the three (3) countries. Applicants seeking to be based in Tanzania must speak and write Swahili in addition to English.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.