Job Title: Teller
Employer: FINCA International Inc - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receive cash in form of savings deposits, loan repayments and any other fees or charges related to loans.
• Pay cash through recaps to groups
• Thoroughly verify cash in the physical presence of the other party/customer/back office supervisor/other teller (note by note and coin by coin) and where doubts exist inform concerned.
• Loan repayments to be received across the counter and update the transactions instantly on the village bank group or individual client loan account.
• loan disbursement to be done at a FINCA Tanzania authorized centre
• Teller to observe till limits, whenever a teller accumulates cash in excess of the established till limit notify Back Office Supervisor or Branch Accountant to offload cash.
• Count cash on hand and balance the day’s accounts. A teller must ensure that figures and total balances reflected by the system match with physical cash at hand at close of business on a daily basis.
• Teller to notify the Back Office Supervisor about any cash differences/counterfeit notes. Excess cash must be declared.
• At a close of business or during the day where business is low the Back Office Supervisor or where there is no Back Office Supervisor, the teller is expected to transfer a lump sum of excess cash to a FINCA Account in a nearby commercial bank.
• Every teller must generate teller transaction list which shows all the transactions posted on clients’ loan accounts on daily basis.
• Generate a teller balance report which shows net cash closed with and a breakdown by totals of amounts received on loan repayments, other deposits like loan refunds, loan recoveries of written off loans, etc
• Note and verify significant information as required by policy/procedure.
• Maintain favourable customer relations through proper handling of all collection and disbursement functions.
• Exercise discretion, judgment and initiative regarding transaction problems and inquiries.
• Direct customers to appropriate employees for answers to only the most complex problems or enquiries.
• Attention to details is most important because mistake can be costly and where money is concerned, customers naturally have a great interest in ensuring their money is handled correctly.
• Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
• Diploma from a recognised institution is a must.
• Requires a level headed and friendly individual who is good with numbers and has the ability to work well under pressure at all times.
• Ability to always remain calm and professional since s/he is visible face of the organization
• Must be computer literate.
• Accuracy is absolutely essential–when dealing with money and computers
• Should be honest, neat and tidy in appearance.
• Tellers must feel comfortable handling large amounts of cash
• Maturity, tact and the ability to quickly explain procedures and services are important in helping clients complete transactions.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.