Job Title: Quality Control Engineer - Bus Building
Employer: Enrich Africa (T) Ltd
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Establishment of Quality manual, Quality Control, Incoming Inspection of components, Final inspection Assemblies, Customer interaction, training of Operators.
• Knowledge of inspection standards, rejection control techniques, material standards, painting & fabrication is preferred.
• Determine, negotiate and agree on in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications.
• Assess customer requirements and ensure that these are met.
• Set customer service standards.
• Specify quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers.
• Investigate and set standards for quality/health and safety.
• Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level.
• Work with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures.
• Write management/technical reports and customers’ charters.
• Determine training needs.
• Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality.
• Direct objectives to maximize profitability.
• Record, analyze and distributing statistical information.
• Monitor performance and supervise technical staff.
• Be responsible for providing world class engineering services to customers, in the numerical simulation field.
• Support our mechanical engineering simulation consulting work for various industries.
• Provide world class software assistance to our customers, while establishing a friendly, collaborative rapport.
• Develop scripts to augment productivity and to complement commercial software capabilities.
• Train our customers.
• Troubleshoot user models and recommend best practices and modeling guidelines to improve customer satisfaction and productivity.
• Interact closely with the development team to identify and correct software deficiencies.
• Consistently improve our understanding of customer workflows and provide feedback to the product and development teams.
• Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
• Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
• Establish statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling, and reliability demonstration tests.
• Develop experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques.
• Develop sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
• Maintain statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes.
• Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
• Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data; making recommendations.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Possess confidence.
• Excellent technical skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Planning skills.
• Interpersonal skills.
• Communication skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Team working skills.
• IT skills.
• Communication skills.
• It is also essential to have good numerical skills and an understanding of statistics.
Behavioral Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
(Special behavior skills knowledge and experience needed for the satisfactory performance of the job)
• Degree / Diploma in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering
• Self-motivated Engineer with BE/DME in Automobile/Mechanical/Production qualifications.
• 5 to 10 years of hardcore experience in the Quality control department of a reputed Auto Industry with a knowledge of ISO Systems & Standards.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills,
• Mastery of the English language, in both written and oral forms.
• Expert level user of CAD and CAE tools.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Must have customer satisfaction at heart.
• Must display initiative and ability to work independently as well as with others.
• Willingness to travel locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
• Passion for applied software development.
How to Apply:
Please send CV only to: email@example.com