Job Title: Production Engineer – Bus/Truck Fabrication
Employer: Enrich Africa (T) Ltd
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the complete operations/production activities of Buses/Trucks and associated special applications vehicles.
• Must have worked in the areas of PPC, industrial engineering, assembly and customer handling.
• Experience in Bus Industry.
• Design the layout of the plant using computer-aided design/manufacturing (CAD/CAM) software to build 3D models.
• Liaise with designers, researchers and engineering consultants.
• Attend production meetings and forecasting production requirements.
• Calculate production costs that include equipment, time and labor.
• Decide on the effective use of resources, e.g. raw materials, equipment and staff.
• Produce maintenance schedules.
• Test that systems are working correctly and identifying, investigating and repairing any system faults.
• Discuss and evaluate systems failures with plant managers and non-technical personnel.
• Supervising the work of manufacturing engineers, trainee engineers and support staff;
• Oversee the installation, repair and re-assembly of equipment.
• Demonstrate new and existing equipment to systems engineers, support staff and production managers.
• Investigate environmental hazards as well as conducting safety tests and removing potential hazards.
• Review results and meeting with managers to discuss methods of improving the productivity of existing systems, taking into consideration the use of the latest technology.
• Source new suppliers of industrial equipment.
• Test, monitor and evaluate new mechanical equipment.
• Establish and implement a quality culture within the manufacturing environment.
• Read specialist journals and attending training courses and industry meetings in order to keep up to date with the latest technological developments and trends in engineering.
• Degree / Diploma in Mechanical / Automobile Engineering
• 25-30 years of relevant experience.
• Self-motivated Engineer with BE/DME in Automobile/Mechanical/Production qualifications with 5 to 10 years of hardcore experience in Manufacturing Operations including PPC/Fabrication/Assembly/Interiors finishing/painting/Customer handling experience in Bus/Truck Industry.
• Experience in Africa or Gulf areas is desirable.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV only to: firstname.lastname@example.org