Job Title: Mine Camp Engineer
Employer: Williamson Diamonds Limited
Duty Station: Shinyanga, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Head of Section responsible for Mwadui Mine Camp utility performance, upgrading and maintenance, including sectional administrative matters on daily basis;
• Ensuring Portable Water Treatment plant runs smoothly;
• Responsible for all designs, management, development, maintenance and rehabilitation of portable water network infrastructures;
• Responsible for curbing technical losses of portable water caused by leakages, breakages, system overflows etc; Responsible for management, development, maintenance, and rehabilitation of sewage ponds networks i infrastructure re;
• Responsible for all management, development, maintenance, and rehabilitation of roads and drainage networks; Responsible for all management, development, maintenance and refurbishment of buildings within camp; Responsible for maintaining proper records of portable water networks and monitors all factors affecting portable water (Water quality control); and
• Performing any other duties as may be assigned by Mine Chief Engineer.
Required Qualification and Experience:
• A holder of BSc Degree/ Advanced Diploma in one or more of the following disciplines Civil, Mechanical, Water, Sanitary / Environmental Engineering from a recognised Higher learning Institution.
• Minimum of two years working experience as an Engineer
• A strong IT knowledge including Computer literacy
• Employment Terms: Initial three years contract, subject to a three month probationary period - The Confirmation in the appointment upon satisfactory performance.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the prospective candidate is expected to possess the following:
• Excellent communication skills;
• Fluent in both Swahili and English (Read and Write) High integrity and ability to adapt to-chanqe quickly;
• Capacity to develop a good team working spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders;
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
If you are a motivated and driven person with the necessary qualifications and believe you have the knowledge and are capable of managing a team: please submit your application letter together with detailed curriculum vitae which includes your complete contacts details, copies of qualification certificates and enclose two letters from referees with their contacts (mobile, box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses).
Applications should be addressed to the General Manager and should reach him not later than 30th May 2014.
Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mine