Job Title: Marketing Communications and Public Relations Officer
Employer: FINCA International Inc - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
Marketing Communications – 40%
• Act as the focal point for all communication regarding FINCA and its products and services, ensuring the right communication mix to our market segments.
• Is the custodian of the FINCA brand standards in the subsidiary, ensuring consistency across the network.
• Manages all advertising (above the line and below the line) and multimedia (Audio, Video, print, electronic) developments and manage all creative and graphic design work (brochures, posters, cards, etc).
• Must ensure that all communication is clear and aligns with the FINCA international standards.
• Understanding the benefits of each product and developing key messages;
• In charge of internal communications, including preparation internal staff bulletins, internal newsletters.
• Updates and provides information for the website as and when need arises.
• Ensures that staff gets timely information with regard to marketing campaigns/ initiatives and understands the role of marketing in supporting their respective units/functions/branches.
• Ensures that staff comply to FINCA brand standards and guidelines
• Implements channels that will enhance flow of information between Head Office and branches.
Public Relations- 40%
• Maintains an excellent understanding of media sections, a good media strategy and is aware of any communications that can cause reputational issues.
• Is in charge of developing and implementing the subsidiary’s media plan
• Produces, speeches, radio talking points (Q&A’s), company newsletter and writing client profiles.
• Writes all press releases, articles and publications and pitches pro-active story ideas to media, and through the marketing manager, advises management on media presence.
• Identifies good opportunities in the media and piggyback these opportunities.
CSR initiatives – 20%
• Identifies and spearheads Corporate Social Responsibility and sponsorship activities for FINCA while liaising with Branches and other Head Office Departments.
• Initiates and coordinates customer loyalty programs (for both internal and external customers).
• Planning/Organizing: Organizes or schedules his/her work; develops realistic action plans, can manage sales teams. Manages competing demands and contingences.
• Interpersonal Skills. Open to new ideas and able to initiate and drive change
• Communications skills: Able to communicate more effectively with other people. Clear and persuasive speaker; listens and gets clarification
• Writing Skills – Good writing skills and Provides attention to details.
• Media relations – Understand how the media works as well as maintain positive image of an organization.
• Proactiveness – able to think out of the box and react quickly.
• Creativity & Innovation. Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
• Work ethic - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values, policies and procedures
• Adaptability. Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Results oriented: Works with end results in mind
Education and Experience
• A university degree in Business Administration, Public Relation or related field
• Minimum 2 years of experience in working with media is an added advantage
• Language Skills
• Good written and oral English & Swahili language abilities are required
• Knowledge of other local languages is beneficial.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.