Job Title: Knowledge Management Specialist
Employer: John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Responsibilities and Duties:
Networking and partnership building
1. Facilitate knowledge sharing and development on health commodity supply chain activities within JSI Tanzania office; facilitating face to face and virtual knowledge management and learning events on supply chain logistics;
2. Participate in different team meetings and serve as rapporteur by gathering different information on team activities, reports, and programmed activities through the different dissemination avenues. The KM assistant will also undertake desk research and interviews to document case studies, success stories and lessons learnt.
3. Complete and manage the delivery of JSI Tanzania knowledge products and services including but not limited to: queries and consolidated replies, e-discussions and consultations, news and thematic updates;
4. Design and produce a periodic newsletter “ Taking Stock” for Supply Chain activities in Tanzania
5. Build and maintain strategic partnerships with external professionals and institutions in support of knowledge sharing and networking.
Other knowledge management activities:
1. Implement the Tanzania knowledge management strategy;
2. Document good practices and lessons learned on JSI Tanzania Supply Chain Interventions.
3. Provide Knowledge Management services for the JSI Tanzania team and immediate Supply Chain stakeholders including the MOHSW and MSD including facilitating knowledge exchange across the different components of Supply Chain Management support, as well as define needs for the development and implementation of products and services;
4. Contribute to the Knowledge Management Health Commodity Supply Chain in Tanzania for the JSI Staff
5. Perform any other duties requested
• Reports: this include Monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the two projects JSI manages i.e. SCMS and USAID|DELIVER
• Publications showcasing on JSI Tanzania Interventions i.e. newsletters, success stories, technical pieces, best practice and lessons learned
• Periodic bulleting for internal and external staff these include the weekly bulleting and LMU monthly bulletin
• An up-to-date document repository of KM related publications and all technical reports
• An updated contact database of all JSI stakeholders
• Regular synced calendar of KM activities in Tanzania
Impact of Results:
1. A dynamic supply chain network with active information and good practice exchange within JSI Tanzania office and supply chain stakeholders and JSI Tanzania interventions in the Global arena with Supply Chain practitioners, as well as regular newsletters and weekly updates;
2. Strengthened knowledge and capacity of stakeholders on health commodity related issues as well as their capacity to integrate an effective communication approaches in their work;
3. Access and availability of guidance material and resources on Knowledge Management through an up to date and navigable storage repository;
4. Availability of case studies and good practices on health commodity supply chain drawn from the country level support provided by the JSI Tanzania
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
• A Master’s degree in a public health related field of study. A good first degree in social sciences is also desirable
• Five years’ experience undertaking tasks that involve communications and or public relations is desired
• Working experience in Tanzania
• Excellent English and Kiswahili written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to be self-managing
• Experience working with international partners such as USAID, the World Health Organization, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, and the World Bank
• Experience with USAID-funded projects
• Ability to multi task to assist advisors and project staff.
• Ability to adhere to strict reporting timelines
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
• Good teamwork and interpersonal skills with ability to take initiative and work in teams.
• Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate for the above positions based on qualification, experience and salary history. Note this is a one year fixed contract depending on project span.
Mode of Application:
Submission may be sent to the address below not later than Friday 30th May, 2014
Human Resource Manager
John Snow, Inc.
Plot No. 392,
Toure Drive, Masaki
P.O .Box 9263
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful. JSI is an equal opportunity employer.