Job Title: Health Safety & Environmental Officer
Employer: National Housing Corporation (NHC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Ensures that safety standards are maintained and continually seek ways to improve safety standards. Establishes and ensure implementation of best safety practices at all construction sites.
• Advice; contractors on all matters pertaining to safety and health training as stipulated in HSE manual. Ensures that all personnel have received appropriate safety and health training as stipulated in HSE manual. Plans and implements safety and health programs and promotional activities that will improve safety and health safety and health awareness.
• Conducts safety review at least once every quarter 1'6 review the achievements of the safety and health objectives and improvement of HSE manual.
• Brief and instruct contractors of the safety and health procedures and instructions that they and their employees are required to comply with.
• Ensure availability of project site safety plan for each site.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A holder of University Degree in Bsc in Environmental sciences/ Environmental Engineering or civil engineering or its Equivalent.
• Must Possess qualification certificates(s) under OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 or ISO 9001 management systems.
• She/he must have minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in HSE Management in construction, real estate or mining industry.
• Must have effective communication and Interpersonal skills .
• Should have problem solving skills with the ability to research issues and contribute to the development of innovative options, strategies and recommendations.
How to Apply:
Very attractive REMUNERATION is offered as per NHC scheme of service.
If you think you meet job requirement, please apply in strictly confidence indicating post you apply to the undersigned enclosing an application letter, photocopies of relevant certified certificates, and names of two referees to the address below, and it should reach the undersigned by 22nd May, 2014.
National Housing Corporation
Dar Es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed.