Job Title: Male Circumcision Quality Assurance Officer
Employer: Intrahealth International
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 29th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical leadership and advice in programmatic support for the male circumcision (MC) quality assurance activities
• Participate in Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW) and the National AIDS Control Program (NACP) led efforts to refine methods and systems for continuous quality improvement MC services.
• Develop norms and standards for quality assurance systems for delivery of high impact MC services.
• Provide technical assistance and organize and deliver training, seminars/workshops on MC quality assurance tools and techniques.
• Work with MOHSWINACP, respective Regional and Council health Management teams in supported regions and existing regional HIV/AIDs partners to plan and conduct supportive supervision and mentoring programs for MC services.
• Participate in preparing annual work plans, budgets, performance reports and quarterly reports.
• Assist in proposal development for the expansion of the project's MC quality assurance initiatives.
• Conduct field visits to monitor the quality ofMC services.
• Provide technical assistance and monitor MC quality assurance activities, and progress related to impact and sustainability of interventions.
• Maintain up-to date statistics and projects data for the Project's performance reporting.
• Document best practices and lessons learnt in implementing MC quality assurance initiatives.
• Maintain regular communications with MOHSW1NACP and undertake special assignments from the MOHSW INACP and other partners.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Medical or Nursing degree with relevant public health experience.
Minimum 3 years' experience working in quality assurance.
Technical knowledge in performance improvement, quality improvement, and clinical mentoring tool and techniques/approaches,
Experience in implementing MC services or experience in HIV/AIDS interventions in Tanzania with a minimum of two years' experience working in HIV / AIDS programs
• Experience in implementing quality assurance systems for MC interventions will be an added advantage
• Experience in adult learning and training methodologies.
• Formerly trained as a trainer of health workers.
• Proven capacity to direct, develop, manage and inspire a multidisciplinary and professional team in the Tanzanian health sector.
• Intimate knowledge, understanding and experience of the Ministry of Health structures and systems in Tanzania.
• Demonstrated experience in working and collaborating with USG, other donors, and other funded organizations.
• Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork, partnering and consensus building skills.
• Ability to prioritize amongst competing demands and working with minimal supervision and organizing in a strict deadline environment.
• Demonstrated ability in Microsoft Word, Microsoft power point and Microsoft Excel
How to Apply:
Application letter with detailed CV, indicating daytime telephone numbers, email address, names and contact information of two referees should be sent by email via the apply now button below with the name of the position you-are applying for in the subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 29th May, 2014. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
IntraHealth International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer