Job Title: Farm Assistant
Employer: Global Skill Consulting And Education
Duty Station: Mwanza, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 19th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with Farm Manager to ensure all aspects of running the farm are met.
• Supervise other employees on the farm and ensuring and ensuring they comply with company standards.
• Working on other farm sites when needed.
• Ensuring high standards of hygiene are maintained
• Covering in the farm manager's absence
• Reporting to the farm manager.
• Experience in planning, working and supervision on an agricultural-based operation;
• Ability to operate and maintain agricultural and research equipment and vehicles (tractors and similar on-site machines);
• Ability to interpret and follow management schedules
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Diploma in Agriculture 3-5 years of progressive experience in horticulture.
• Industry experience; Knowledge of production agriculture, including fertigation farming system
• Knowledge of agricultural research techniques and procedures;
• Ability to collect and accurately record data;
• Previous successful supervisory experience.
• Able to work with minimal supervision and carry out manual duties.
• Keen sense of priorities
• Effective communication and people management skill
How to Apply:
All applicants should send their CV to; firstname.lastname@example.org .Deadline for the application is 19th May 2014.Qualified candidates will be contacted.