Employer: FINCA International Inc - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Market all FINCA products and services to potential clients by using promotional tools and mechanisms approved by FINCA’s management. This includes responsibility for generating savings clients for subsidiaries that are regulated.
• Responsible to achieve the personal savings monthly targets both, in numbers and volumes.
• Follows up and make sure that the accounts activated under own portfolio are actively used by the customers;
• Responsible for acquiring savings potential customers and guaranties the follow up process for opening accounts.
• Responsible for planning activities and events to the purpose of maintaining relationship with Top Savers Customers and maintain customer’s relationship at all the time;
• ARO must have excellent savings product knowledge and other competitors in the market, as well as its his/her responsibility to stay updated with the changes related the products’ features that might occur and provide a transparent information to the potential customer.
• Responsible for full lending cycle of loan initiation, processing, monitoring, repayments and recovery.
• Select clients, provide detailed products and services information, conduct client evaluation, collect all the necessary documents and check their accuracy, present credit proposals at credit committees based on the client risk assessment, and process loans documentation.
• Explain to clients all the details of the disbursement and repayment process.
• Compile credit files and all necessary documents, hand over to back office staff for processing.
• Prepare and present reports as required by the ARS
• Ensure that each loan is disbursed in compliance with FINCA lending procedures, policies and methodology at all stages of loan processing.
• Ensure clients receive the best service; maintain good relations with clients, and timely respond to the needs of existing clients.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demons Research and develop new business opportunities within assigned geographical zone. Assist the marketing department in market research and impact studies upon request.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming Maintains confidentiality; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs as per guidelines in the Customer Service Manual. Meets commitments.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.Maintain a good relationship with the staff, and pursue additional training as warranted.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans. Partner with ARS to develop weekly and monthly action plans with regard to savings and credit clients, deposits mobilization and loan disbursements and other individual performance goals.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Education And Experience:
• 2 years of experience working in a client-facing sales role, in educational profession or in agricultural field is highly desired.
• Basic mathematics and analytical skills required, writing, reading and comprehension skills, attention to details.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Diploma or Bachelor Degree preferred.
• Proficiency in both English and Swahili language
Key Performance Indicators
• Meet a minimum number of savings clients and portfolio as defined by the Supervisor
• Maintain the savings portfolio Average Savings Balance as defined by the Supervisor
• Reduce the number of Dormant Accounts to meet minimum standard
• Execution of Personal Sales Plan and savings targets
• Meet the number of borrowing client, PAR and loan portfolio as defined by the supervisor
• Availability to travel 70 % of the available time
• Ability to travel in economy class when traveling by air or rail
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.