Job Title: Project Manager
Employer: FINCA International Inc - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan and organize
• Responsible for planning the implementation of budget, activities, deliverables, and resources related to the implementation of the various company projects as assigned.
• Responsible for clear definition of the Project Charters and scope of work by FINCA and vendors for each phase of the project.
• Responsible for preparation of project plan and budget (both initial implementation, and projections for costs to be factored into future budgets as fixed expenses going forward, as well as maintenance and upgrade costs).
• Work with other areas of the organization as required.
• Prepare the respective documentation for project initiation (project charter, requirements, project plan, risk matrix, etc.); Ensure the documentation and budget are reviewed and approved by project stakeholders before initiation of the activity.
• Address and mitigate real and potential risks to project budgets and timelines. Document relevant processes and review adjustments to baseline timelines and costs with project stakeholders.
• Responsible for the administrative management of implementation team members. Ensures the delivery and evaluation of assigned obligations within predetermined budget and timeframes.
Monitor the status of the project:
• Periodic review of the project milestones.
• Identify delays and risks throughout all phases of the project and escalate as required
• Define cut-off periods for pending action items and monitor escalation of these items outside cut-off period.
• List of outstanding action items in the project status report along with the expected time and allocated resource for that item.
• Follow-up on the outstanding items as the case may be.
• Execute work plans in a collaborative manner to secure alignment across the FINCA International strategy.
• Acquire and implement
• Identify, prioritize, specify and agree on business functions and technical requirements covering the full scope of all initiatives required to achieve the expected outcomes of the projects assigned.
• Identify, document and analyze risks associated with the business requirements for project implementations.
• Develop a feasibility study/confidence factor for the execution of project requirements against a set baseline. Ensure that the subsidiary’s management team is aware and involved in the selection of alternative courses of action.
• Ensure project sponsors approve and sign off on business functional and technical requirements and feasibility study reports at predetermined key stages, as well as make the final decision with respect to deployment of assigned projects. Create and deliver presentations to stakeholders as required.
• Manage the overall implementation of project activities, coordinating all phases of the project and ensuring delivery of the project objectives within the planned boundaries of time, budget, personnel and material resources.
• Coordinate with appropriate functional heads to ensure the effective preparation of training materials and user guidelines. Ensure the effective organization and execution of end user training sessions, both in terms of one time implementation, and on an ongoing basis.
Deliver and support
• Manage all costs related to assigned projects and maintain the approved cost allocation methodology for all project costs.
• Report and classify problems that have been identified throughout the project.
• Monitor and evaluate
• Monitor the fulfillment of service agreements related to assigned projects. Monitor the execution of deliverables determined in SOW. Periodically review performance against targets, analyze the cause of any deviations, and initiate remedial action to address the underlying causes. At appropriate times, perform root cause analysis across deviations.
• Responsible for project reporting, producing the regular reports about project progress, providing a written report about the lessons learned after the completion of the project, which will offer a global vision for future internal clients in particular and FINCA in general.
• Identify and initiate remedial actions based on performance monitoring, assessment and reporting related to any projects assigned; Follow-up of all monitoring, reporting and assessments through:
• Review, negotiation and establishment of management responses
• Assignment of responsibility for remediation
• Tracking of the results of actions committed
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
• 5+ years of Project Management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong experience initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing projects.
• Proficient in using MS Project and Microsoft Office products.
• Language Skills
• Fluency in English required, Swahili language is a plus.
• Provide full lifecycle project management
• Provide proper communication to stakeholders
• Keep projects on track and on budget
• Project Stakeholders
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.