Employer: FINCA International Inc - Tanzania
Duty Station: Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th May 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the subsidiary BREFT Switch application and related software and hardware;
• Manage the delivery channel interface to Core Banking Application. Such Interface may include FEPI
• Maintain above 98% system uptime for BREFT SWITCH and related delivery channel software and Hardware
• Ensure Functional and good health status of related databases supporting Delivery Channel
• Maintains, tests and apply patches related to BREFT Switch/ATM from vendors ;
• Provides support to end users on devices and switch related issue;
• Work with the Regional Infrastructure Specialist, Subsidiary Network administrators and network providers to ensure that the connectivity between devices and BREFT functions as expected with minimum downtime ;
• Working with reporting Manager to ensure required business reports are developed and available to the business.
• Evaluates new technologies and implement them if appropriate for other departments and works with other technical staff to determine hardware and software needs;
• Maintains security of hardware and software;
• Performs backups of data and operating systems for all critical machines;
• Responds to problem reports, machine crashes, hardware failures and power outages;
• Take charge and ensure adequate IS Security coverage is maintained at all areas under the delivery channel domain including but not limited to data, infrastructure, networks etc.
• Work with the Regional IS Project Manager to ensure all Delivery channel projects are formally managed
• Coordinate and support provision of related IS trainings to system users;
• Provide specifications and standards in procurement of IS hardware, software, and services;
• Responsible for supervising Junior Delivery Channel Administrators.
• Strong technical orientation related to the job
• Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure
• High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, self-confidence and initiative
• Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
• A hard working self-starter with initiative, able to set own priorities
• Sharing: Contributes to a team, and recognizes and promotes the wider corporate picture.
• Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimize them.
• The ability to present information and ideas clearly and concisely
• Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
• Over 2 years of technical experience
• Over 2 years of experience in implementation and support of Delivery Channels systems;
• Knowledge of Core Banking systems
• Knowledge of ISO messaging formats.
• Experience with Windows family operating systems;
• Experience with enterprise databases (at least one of Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, Sybase);
Education & Experience:
• A degree in Computer Science
• ITSM knowledge
• 2+ years of experience in Systems Administration of Delivery channel related applications
• 2+ years of experience within a technical support environment, including hardware, software and network support.
• Fluent English: written and spoken
• Reasoning Ability
• Able to clearly link IT solution to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Communication skills across all levels of the business. Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Core banking and Delivery channel Systems
• Minimum downtime on Delivery Channel systems.
• Users are able to utilize the Delivery Channel systems to optimal levels.
• Timely and efficient implementation of Delivery Channel projects.
• Responsible for quality assurance and obtaining service level agreements on the performance of the system and to ensure the set standards are adhered to.
• Relationships with Channels Business Development Manager , Regional IS project manager and subsidiaries to support Delivery channel agenda.
• Relationship with Regional IS Director to align Delivery channel projects with local policies and global standards of the company.
• Relationship with suppliers for the procurement of IT services and ensure compliance with agreed SLAs
• Relationship with members of IS Department to ensure compliance with goals of the Company.
• Availability to travel (40% of the time) to various branches as may be required.
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue ; Conserves organizational resources.
• Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions ; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.