Job Title: Accountant
Employer: Global Skill Consulting and Education
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 7th May 2014
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the Company’s general ledger.
• Perform the following duties that include but not limited to bank reconciliations, check runs, accounts receivable transactions, fixed asset activity, payroll, accounts payable transactions, debt activity, recording of revenue and expenses, etc.).
• Cash management (including placement/movement of funds in various trusts).
• Maintain an organized set of detailed records and files to document financial transactions.
• Resolve complex accounting issues or assist other personnel in resolving financial issues.
• Review general ledger on a monthly basis to ensure accuracy of posting.
• Produce financial reports involving the Company’s accounts for board meetings.
• Coordinate monthly, quarterly, and annual closing activities.
• Produce quarterly and annual financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
• Make and implement recommendations to improve accounting processes and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Governmental Accounting Standards.
• Ability to develop and establish financial policies and procedures.
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision.
• Ability to effectively direct and supervise.
• Knowledge of operating and capital budget concepts.
• Ability to analyze financial data and to prepare accurate reports in a timely fashion.
• Knowledge of policies and practices associated with payroll and benefits administration.
• Knowledge and ability in the use of a personal computer and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed records.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
• Ability to work effectively under stressful conditions.
• Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions.
Education And Work Experience Requirements:
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Accounting.
• At least two years of progressive experience.
How to Apply:
The applicants should send their CVs. to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for the application is 7th May 2014.The qualified candidates will be contacted.