Job Title: Water Distribution Technician II
Employer: Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority (Mbeya UWSA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
• To cooperate with Water Network Engineer in preparing action for preventive O&M works in the zone on daily basis.
• To supervise monitoring and repair and leakages.
• To supervise covering of pipes backfill.
• To operate washout, valves and exchange 'Of valves in accordance to the maintenance schedule
• To supervise extension of pipe network as demanded.
• To monitor performance of the hydraulic system in the network and report as appropriate.
• To monitor supply of water in all zones.
• To implement rationing of water when necessary.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Water Network Engineer.
Qualifications and Experience:
• FTC/Diploma in Civil/Water Resources Engineering/Environmental Engineering from a recognised Technical College.
• Computer literate; Word/Excel/Network design using CAD.
• Working experience in water supply and sanitation is an added advantage.
• Physically capable of completing assigned tasks and responsibilities while complying with deadlines.
• Not above 35 years of age.
Attractive package and fringe benefits as per Mbeya UWSA's incentives scheme will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials.
Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work professional related referees.
Applications which do not meet the application requirements will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Lobbying and canvassing for appointment shall not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage.
Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking.
The Managing Director,
Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority,
P. O. Box 2932,