Job Title: Teller
Ref no: UTT -mfi/tl/0414/15
Employer: UTT Microfinance Plc
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 14th April 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Receive cash in various forms.
• Pay cash to clients as approved
• Verify cash in physical presence
• Observe till limits whenever a teller accumulates cash in excess of the established till limit notify Supervisor or Accountant to offload cash;
• Count cash on hand and balance the day's accounts. Must ensure that figures and total balances reflected by the system match with physical cash at hand at close of business on a daily basis;
• Notify the Supervisor about any cash differences/counterfeit notes. Excess cash must be declared;
• Generate teller transaction list which shows all the transactions posted on clients' loan accounts on daily basis;
• Generate a teller balance report which shows net cash closed with and a breakdown by totals of amounts received on loan repayments, other de-
• posits like loan refunds, loan recoveries of written off loans, etc;
• Note and verify significant information as required by policy/procedure;
• Maintain favorable member’s relations through proper handling of all collection and disbursement functions;
• Direct customers to appropriate Officers for clarifications only on complex matters or enquiries;
• Perform any other related duties as would be assigned by Supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Holder of National Form VI certificate with Ordinary Diploma in Banking, Accountancy or Business Administration or Insurance.
• At least 3 years' experience in similar tasks.
• Experience on Teller services from Microfinance or Banking institutions will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All interested persons are required to apply attaching to their applications current Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic certificates & transcript; including names and full communication addresses (including contact phone numbers) of three referees who can testify to the applicant's academic abilities, working experience and character.
Please send your applications in an envelope clearly marked as “Application for employment at UTT-MFI", quoting the relevant job reference number such that the same reaches to the following address:-
The Chief Executive Officer
UTT Microfinance Plc,
Sukari House, Ground Floor,
Sokoine Drive/Ohio Street,
P. O. Box 5474,
Dar es Salaam.