Job Title: Systems Administrator
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th April 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review, maintain, and develop ICT Policy and procedures which support ESAMI needs, vision and mission.
• Advise on the strategic direction of key ICT resources, systems and services in support of Corporate Strategic Plan of the Institute.
• Design, deploy, administer, maintain, and support various Networks Systems (LAN, WAN, wireless & mobile) and Internet infrastructure and all configurations.
• Designing, implementation, administration, monitoring and maintaining institute’s databases and applications systems including architecture, data structures, tables, dictionaries and naming conventions to ensure accuracy and completeness of all data master files.
• Designing, developing, maintaining and updating the ESAMI website.
• Design, install, configure, maintain and audit systems security infrastructure as well as network management system/ monitoring tools, data integrity, backups and recovery plans.
• The custodian, taking care of all ESAMI’s ICT resources, systems and services by maintaining current and accurate inventory, coordinating all services and repairs, and controlling access and use.
• Liaise with and assist Directors, Consultants, Country Coordinators, heads of departments and staff in the delivery of service in line with defined procedures and ICT Policy.
• Monitoring and controlling licenses, contractual obligations, performance delivery and service level agreements
• Develop and Support Video and Telex Conference systems for HQ, field offices and business stakeholders/ collaborators across the world to cater for all thesis defense schedules and other academic conferences.
• Establish and manage an integrated internal help desk system.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic and Telecommunications Engineering Information and Communication Technology or other ICT related field.
• Knowledge and hands on experience of Relational Database Systems, Structured and Website Development languages.
• Possession of professional and vendor ICT qualifications such as Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Oracle Development and System Administration, Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), etc.
• Minimum of five (5) years proven experience and relevant technical skills in database/ systems design, development, administration and maintenance (windows and web based) in a large networked academic environment (Business School) in diverse platforms including Video conference and eLearning.
Competencies and Skills;
• Several years’ experience with current Server platforms.
• Good working knowledge of standard operating systems, telecommunications and data communications; networks and protocols; software systems and utilities.
• Demonstrated ability and knowledge of designing, developing, implementing and managing large databases, websites and on line learning (e learning) systems.
• Proven ability to work in a high pressure environment with multiple tasks, changing priorities, and changing resources.
• A Strong work ethics and personal drive commensurable to the Integrity of ESAMI.
• Service monitoring and control attitude is a must.
• Rich Analytical/technical mindset.
• Patience clear and professional communication
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff, clients, students and participants of various age and gender differences.
How to Apply:
Applications together with detailed CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, and three (3) referees should be addressed and emailed to:
The Director General
P.O. Box 3030