Job Title; Silviculture Forester
Employer: New Forests Company
Duty Station: Iringa, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 12th April 2014
To plan, lead and control allocated plantation activities on a small plantation (2000-5000ha) with the help of a team of contractors or own ops labour, and other technical experts. The incumbent is responsible to deliver the right quantity and quality of volumes at the right time, safely and environmentally responsible and sustainable. The Forester is also responsible to manage all stakeholder and community relationships.
Skills and competencies:
• Nursery establishment
• preparation of the planting sites
• management of the plantation’s establishment activities including: carefully planned and monitored marking, pitting, planting and fertilizer operations
• plan, manage and monitor all weeding and pruning activities
• protection of the plantation and related assets through effective management of pest and diseases, fire, grazing and encroachment
• ensure effective and positive management of all community and community stakeholder relationships
• infrastructure establishment and maintenance
• contractor management
• financial management and management reporting
• people management
• implementation of all FSC principles and standards
• Implementation all relevant Health & Safety provisions and Labour Legislation.
• Recognised Diploma or Degree in Forestry, or applied Forestry
• At least 2 - 5 years’ experience in plantation forestry
• Minimum requirement to have managed outsourced contractors for at least 1 year
• Minimum requirement to have coached and mentored workers for at least 3 years.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website at www.newforests.net for more information and download the necessary application form under the careers section. Please follow the instructions noted on the application form.