Job Ref No. 401
Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To assist in assessing the competitiveness of charges levied in supplying the services and their conduciveness to sector growth and/or affordability to consumers;
• To assist in conducting systematic market studies, assessments and comparison of pricing of marine and surface transport services, nationally and internationally (benchmarking);
• To coordinate the review, analysis, and resolution of complaints and disputes concerning regulated sub sectors as in accordance with respective legislation, regulations and rules;
• To act as liaison Officer of the Authority with the Consumer Consultative Council(CCC) on issues relating to tariff and consumer affairs;
• To prepare periodic reports on consumer affairs for Management; and
• To perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Minimum qualifications and Requirements:
• Holder of University Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Economics, Law, Marketing, Management or its equivalent;
• At least five (5) years of working experience in a reputable institution; and
• Experience in setting tariffs and handling competition matters or related activities in regulatory sector will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines;
• Possess basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application, such as; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be employed on Unspecified Period of Contract (Permanent and Pensionable Terms). However, the employment will only be confirmed after completion of six (6) months’ probation period with candidate’s successful performance.
How to Apply:
Applications should be on applicants’ handwriting indicating the reference number (Ref. No.) of the application, accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) providing names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees, and copies of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Application letter and the envelope should bear the Ref. No. of the post applied.
Application without Ref. No. will not be considered.
Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from the
Issuing Authority (e.g. NECTA, University, College) where the Certificates have already been issued will not be considered, thus, need not to apply.
Application should be submitted in envelope to the address below. Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Sumatra Head Office,
Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd/Nkomo St.
P. O. Box 3093,
Dar es Salaam.