Job Title: Senior Railway Compliance Officer
Job REF No. 402
Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 9th May 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To inspect railway stations, tracks, level crossings, structures, rolling stock and operating practices to determine compliance to approved safety plan and safety regulations;
• To prepare verbal and written recommendations for the correction of hazardous conditions;
• To investigate complaints against alleged unsafe railway practices and conditions;
• To inspect the quality of service and makes improvement recommendations and directives;
• To conduct field investigations of railway accidents;
• To carry out sensitization training of railway personnel and the public with a view to enhancing the safety of employees, passengers and the general public;
• To prepare and maintain reports and written correspondence related to the department; and
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Minimum qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor degree or advanced diploma in Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical or Electro Mechanical Techniques), or its equivalent.
• Working experience of at least five (5) years in the related field from reputable institution (preferably railway institution).
• Experience in railway infrastructure, rolling stocks or related auto-motives will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrate highest degree of integrity;
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
• Be self-driven and capable of working with minimal supervision;
• Be capable of delivering excellent results while working under pressure with tight schedules and deadlines;
• Possess basic knowledge in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) application, such as; Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Access, Outlook etc.
Terms of Employment
Successful candidates will be employed on Unspecified Period of Contract (Permanent and Pensionable Terms). However, the employment will only be confirmed after completion of six (6) months’ probation period with candidate’s successful performance.
How to Apply:
Applications should be on applicants’ handwriting indicating the reference number (Ref. No.) of the application, accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae (CV) providing names, positions and detailed contacts of three (3) reliable referees, and copies of relevant certificates and transcripts.
Application letter and the envelope should bear the Ref. No. of the post applied.
Application without Ref. No. will not be considered.
Applications with statement/Provisional results or Statements of Results from the
Issuing Authority (e.g. NECTA, University, College) where the Certificates have already been issued will not be considered, thus, need not to apply.
Application should be submitted in envelope to the address below. Any application received after the due date will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for Interview.
Sumatra Head Office,
Ali Hassan Mwinyi Rd/Nkomo St.
P. O. Box 3093,
Dar es Salaam.