Job Title: Senior Programme Officer, Health and Nutrition (Tanzania)
Employer Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 14th April 2014
• Provide technical oversight and quality control of health and nutrition programmes;
• Fulfil all grant management responsibilities for on-going grants/projects including overseeing the development of high quality progress reports, project implementation plans and performance monitoring frameworks, identifying implementation challenges and recommending solutions, and ensuring excellent, cooperative relationships with partners;
• Lead program development and resource mobilisation for AKF's health, nutrition and early childhood development portfolio in Tanzania;
• Implement a robust learning system for the health and nutrition sector that enables learning to inform policies, programme and practices; and
• Foster productive relationship with key stakeholders including relevant ministries and government authorities, networks, working groups, policy forums, development partners, donor agencies and civil society organizations working on health, nutrition and early childhood development.
• Minimum of a Master's degree in health, nutrition or related field;
• At least six years of solid experience working within the health system, public health and/or project management on health and/or nutrition projects;
• Experience of working with maternal, newborn and child health and/or nutrition programmes;
• Proven experience in grant/project management;
• Demonstrated capacity to Write high quality reports for donor projects and analytical briefs;
• Programme development experience with ability to write strong proposals and responsive bids for new programming;
• Exceptional written and verbal skills in English. Knowledge of Kiswahili will be an advantage;
• Knowledge of programme and budget planning processes, including- log frame matrices and monitoring and evaluation plans; basic understanding of funds management; ,
• Management, leadership and communication skills;
• Thorough understanding of the global and national efforts on health and nutrition.
• Experience of working in Tanzania or East Africa
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages) and the names and contact information of three referees, to:
The Country Director,
Aga Khan Foundation,
Tanzania, by e-mail to email@example.com
Please mention the title of the position and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.