Employer: Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority (MBEYA UWSA)
Duty Station: Mbeya, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
• To train sewerage staff on how to use some sensitive equipment, such as Closed Circuit Television, which is used inside the sewer line to analyse the extent of damaged pipes before declaring them to be removed.
• To make sure that all customers who are provided with sewer services pay their bills without delay.
• To investigate cases of illegal sewerage connections and recommend rectification measures.
• To compile daily, monthly, quarterly and annual sewerage operations and maintenance reports.
• To inform the Sewer Cleaners and Artisans on issues which are likely to happen during working on the site?
• To carry out all new sewerage connection according to professional specifications.
• To repair all sewerage collapses promptly and professionally.
• To make sure that before sewer cleaners enter inside the sewer trunk main adhere to safety regulations.
• To collect all materials and working gears those are required for planned sewerage work.
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Sewerage and Environmental Engineer.
Qualifications and Experience:
• FTC/Diploma in Civil / Sanitary/ Public Health/Environmental
• Engineering from a recognised Technical College.
• Computer Iiterate; Word/ExceI/Network design using CAD.
• Must demonstrate ability and competence in the use of modern Survey equipments
• Working experience as Land Surveyor is an added advantage. Physically capable of completing assigned tasks and responsibilities while complying with deadlines.
• Not above 35 years of age.
Attractive package and fringe benefits as per Mbeya UWSA's incentives scheme will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply:
Only qualified persons should submit their handwritten letters of application stating how they meet the advertised criteria attaching copies of relevant academic, professional certificates and testimonials. Applicants are also required to indicate the names and contacts of at least three (3) work professional related referees.
Applications which do not meet the application requirements will be disqualified.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Lobbying and canvassing for appointment shall not be entertained and may work to the candidate's disadvantage.
Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to competency assessment and reference checking.
The Managing Director,
Mbeya Urban Water and Sewerage Authority,
P. O. Box 2932,