Job Title: Resettlement/Child Protection officer
Employer: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kigoma, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th April 2014
• Oversee the supervision of resettlement activities at the transit Centre
• Coordinate meetings with resettlement cases and attend meetings organized by Government/HCR/IRC/IOM
• Assist in implementing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for promoting the resettlement of persons of concern as protection tool
• Responsible in verification and identification of vulnerable individuals and coordinate special assistance depend on the needs.
• Coordinate logistic issues for refugees coming for interview, medical checkup, pre-departure and departure.
• Collecting and documenting statistical information related to resettlement cases at Transit centre
• Coordinating and chairing meetings with refugees coming for resettlement cases
• Assist the country operation with group resettlement procedures, including planning, profiling, logistical arrangements, verification and post-verification follow-up.
• Maintain regular contact and close cooperation with resettlement countries and partners to ensure effective resettlement delivery and adherence to adequate protection and resettlement standards.
Child protection Activities
• Manage implementation of child protection activities at the Transit Centre ensuring adherence to donor agreement and regulations
• Ensure efficient processing of BIDs, working closely with GBV&CP supervisor-BIDs providing them with technical and managerial support as necessary and reviewing BIDs regularly to ensure quality.
• Assist in managing informal education at the Transit Centre
• Assist in supervising and supporting vocational training at the Transit Centre.
• Degree in social sciences/Public Administration with psychiatric/psychology training from a recognized institution or equivalent qualifications.
• Middle level managerial work experience for not less than two years is added advantage. Should be dedicated and willing to work in a refugee area with multicultural refugee setting
• Experience on refugee operations
• Experience working in the protection and empowerment of women and children
• Experience working on gender based violence issues
• Experience from working in multicultural refugee camps and settings
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative required
• Good IT skills: knowledge of MS Word; Excel and Outlook required.
• Swahili and good English written and oral skills required. French a plus.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and have excellent problem solving abilities.
• Team player, excellent personal and cooperation skills are essential
• Proven track record of quality performance in highly pressured environments.
• Must be available and willing to work at irregular hours and on weekends as the situation and schedule may require.
How to apply:
Applications for the position must include:
i. A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
ii. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day-time mobile phone number(s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.
iii. ONLY copies of academic and professional certificates.
All applications should be sent to: TZ-Recruitment@rescue.org
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.