Job Title: Project Assistant
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 16th April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that periodical reports are organized, compiled and submitted to concerned parties on tirne.
• Collect information and data from key partners and stakeholders (farmer organizations, private companies, retailers, wholesalers and public institutions, etc.) throughout the input value chain.
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative information on input supply and field demonstrations, crop production and develop draft technical reports.
• Establishes methods for electronic data capture using different phone and other technologies,
• Ensure all travel requests and program for consultants and expatriate staff is arranged as per the work plan on time. Assist project staff in organizing meetings and training and develop technical reports.
• Any other duties and responsibilities, falling within the appointee's general purview and professional domain, as may be assigned from time to time.
• Provide direct support to all team members in training preparation, rollout and evaluation.
• Work closely with finance and administration to ensure timely monthly financial returns and reconciliation is done with field officers.
• University Degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness or a related discipline
• At least three - five (5) years practical experience with a reputable organization
• Demonstrated familiarity with information technology and its application to agricultural development
• Computer literary is a must, especially usage of Ms Excel, Ms Word, email, etc.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English and Swahili and the ability to work with colleagues and partners of varied backgrounds and experience.
• Proven leadership skills;
• Excellent organizational & time management skills
How to Apply:
Applicants should send their application letters attaching copies of CV to:
P. O. Box 33685,
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Coca Cola Road
Off Bagamoyo Road (Mwenge)
Block B, 3rd floor
Citing the job name and job number in the subject line. Any application that does not cite the job name and the job number in the subject line will not be considered.