Job Title: Programme Officer
Employer: Terre Des Hommes
Duty Station: Kahama, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development and implementation of the overall country annual and strategic plans
• Implementation and supervision of Shinyanga Child Labour Programmes, including working with Mining Companies, Mercury Supply Chain, gold trading companies, government authorities in mining sector, labour unions and artisanal small scale gold mining companies as well as government ministries involved in services to children.
• Facilitate and organize training, meetings and learning processes with relevant stakeholders in Shinyanga
• Capacity building of partners for assigned part of partner and programme portfolio.
• Work on and maintain a good working relationship with project partners, government and companies.
• Enhance mutual understanding, cooperation and respect for respective responsibilities without compromising on supervisory responsibilities.
• Support quality of programmes and monitor the programmes and project partners through regular communications and programme visits according to the TDH guidelines and monitoring protocol.
• Support the marketing communication department with information and materials for marketing and communication, e.g. for the newsletters.
• Inform relevant persons/organizations/institutions on support given to project partners, project activities and expected results.
• Ensure that all scheduled partner and project reports such as progress reports and financial reports are delivered timely and that they are of good quality, analyze the received information and compile the necessary reports.
• Maintain the database and regularly update project documentation/ files for reference by all concerned.
• Maintain clear financial records and develop financial reports concerning activities implemented, as per the TDH guidelines.
• Analysis of future project proposals and project partners - context analysis, budgets, etc. and discuss the analysis with the Country Manager in preparation for final decision making.
• Prepare the necessary documentation for approval of new and on-going partnerships and project proposals according to the TDH guidelines and formats.
• Knowledge of development cooperation, sociology, law, child protection and child rights and/or education minimum up to bachelor level.
• Three years of experience in a similar position in a similar organization (International NGO, child rights programmes)
• Knowledge of and experience in project planning, project cycle management and logical framework
• Experience with Child Rights based programming and civil society organizations is a prerequisite
• Experience with programme management and financial management
• Knowledge of the political, religious and social structures of Tanzania/ Shinyanga region and the relevant languages
• Excellent writing skills in English, good knowledge of Kiswahili, an additional language is an asset
We are specifically looking for someone with:
• Ability to work independently, who is well organized and has accurate writing skills
• Presentation and facilitation skills, as well as ability to represent TDH in meetings
• Person who will display and adhere to values and principles as per TDH policy on child protection and staff behavior/presentation
• A person who is self -motivated and passionate about child protection
How to Apply:
Application procedure (refer to code PO/TZ/Shinyanga for this position)
Terre des Hommes Netherlands offers the selected candidate a competitive package of Secondary benefits entailing a monthly gross salary based on existing salary scales.
Candidates are invited to send their application letter (including your motivation), resume and at least two professional references by e-mail; email@example.com
Applications open to National staff only
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted within a week after the closing date.