Job Title: Programme Officer
Employer: Terre Des Hommes Nethertands
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 14th April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribution to the development and implementation of count thematic annual and strategic plans
• Analysis of project proposals and project partners - context analysis, budgets, etc.
• Advise whether or not to give the proposal further consideration and discuss the analysis with the Country Manager preparation for final decision making.
• Prepare the necessary documentation for approval of new a on-going partnerships and project proposals according to t TDH guidelines and formats.
• Support and monitor the programmes and project partners through regular communications and programme visits. Support the marketing communication department with information and materials for marketing and communication e.g. for the newsletters.
• Ensure that all scheduled partner and project reports such as progress reports are delivered timely and that they are good quality, analyse the received information and compile I necessary reports.
• Inform relevant persons/organizations/institutions on supp given to project partners, project activities and expected results. Maintain the database and regularly update project documentation files for reference by all concerned.
• Work on and maintain a good working relationship with project partners.
• Enhance mutual understanding, cooperation and respect for respective responsibilities without compromising supervisory responsibilities.
• Capacity building of partners for assigned part of partner and programme portfolio.
• Knowledge of development cooperation, sociology, child rights, health or education up to bachelor level.
• Three years of experience in a similar position in a similar organisation (International NGO, donor)
• Knowledge of and experience in project planning, project cycle management and logical framework
• Experience with Child Rights based programming and civil society organisations is a prerequisite
• Experience with financial management
• Knowledge of the political, religious and social structures of Tanzania region and the relevant languages
• Excellent writing skills in English, good knowledge of Kiswahili, and additional language is an asset
We are specifically looking for someone:
Ability to work independently, who is well organised and has accurate writing skills
Presentation and facilitation skills, as well as ability to represent TDH in meetings
A person who is self -motivated and passionate about child protection
How to Apply:
Application procedure (refer to code PO/TZ/Dar for this position) Terre des Hommes Netherlands offers the selected candidate a competitive package of Secondary benefits entailing a monthly gross salary based on existing salary scales. Candidates are invited to send their application letter (including your motivation), resume and at least two professional references by
or e-mail to: the apply now button below
Applications open to National staff only
Refer to Zoom Tanzania and Relief Web websites for 2 more vacancies advertised.
The deadline for application is <14/04/2014>. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted within a week after this date.