Job Title: Packaging Technology Centre Manager – 1 Post
Employer: Tanzania Bureau of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2014
Duties and responsibilities:
• Reports to the Director of Testing, Calibration and Packaging Services
• Overall in-charge of the Packaging Technology Centre
• Identifies priority areas for quality management, testing or other programmes
• Supervises the implementation of quality management, testing, accreditation, and
• Ensures that the centre is upgraded to International recognition
• Coordinates preparation of work plan and departmental budget
• Staff supervision and appraisal
• Coordinates preparation of monthly and quarterly departmental reports
• Initiates the updating and review of standards
• Oversees updating and review of procedures and manuals
• Works closely with heads of sections under the department to ensure that the highest standards of quality and service are achieved and maintained
• Organizes and coordinates training related to packaging technology
• Identifies potential areas for assisting SMEs to improve the quality of packaging to facilitate trade 2
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Testing, Calibration and Packaging Services
Qualifications and experience:
• Holders of Masters Degree or above in Production Engineering from a recognized institution with at least five (5) years work experience in a reputable organization at a senior position.
• Work experience in Packaging industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All above posts carry attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits in accordance with the qualifications and experience stated in the specific post.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand
• written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates,
• Testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• The CV must incorporate contact details including telephone numbers, email
• Addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses.
• Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
• The applications should reach the address below on or before 22-04-2014.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. 12
• Applicants who are currently employed in the public service should route their
• Application letters through their respective employers.
• HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ALLOWED.
• This advert can also be viewed on TBS website www.tbs.go.tz.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards,
P. O. Box 9524,