Job Title: Operations Manager
Employer: MITU - Mwanza involving the Tanzanian
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 10th April 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• To oversee and develop administrative support functions within MITU
• To coordinate effective administrative support for academic & research staff within the unit To provide day-to-day advice, guidance and support to MITU's projects
• To support the Associate Director of Finance & Administration and Scientific Director in the development and implementation of MITU's policies and procedures
• To develop and strengthen capacity of existing administrative support staff within the unit
• Administrative experience in a senior role, in a position of responsibility with little day-to-day direct supervision Experience of providing effective leadership in a multi-disciplinary team incorporating project administration, HR, procurement, facilities management and ICT
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages
• Strong organisational skills with proven ability to work effectively within a team, assess priorities and manage workload with minimum supervision
• Experience of managing and supervising support staff
• Experience of ongoing training support and mentoring of local staff as part of a capacity building programme
• Experience of reviewing and drafting HR procedures, terms and conditions and staff contracts, or willingness to train and/or gain qualifications in this area
• Experience of coordinating meetings and drafting minutes
• Experience of working within a higher education or research environment, or similar Educated to degree level or equivalent
• Experience of working in a developing country
How to Apply:
Letter of application with details of how you meet EACH of the above criteria and suitability for the post. A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details.
Curriculum vitae (CV) including names and addresses of three referees (two must be from your most recent employers). Copies of all relevant certificates and memberships and qualifications.
Interviews will be held at the earliest available opportunity and you will be notified by email if you are selected for interview.
All documents to be sent via apply now button
A competitive remuneration package will be offered.