Job Title: Operations & IT Officer
Employer: Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company Limited (TMRC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company Limited (TMRC) is a private sector financial institution owned by commercial banks. The purpose of TMRC is to support banks to do mortgage lending by refinancing banks' mortgage portfolios on a long term basis. TMRC is a Mortgage Liquidity Facility (MLF) for banks.
Reports to: Head of IT & Operations
• Planning, implementing and managing the integrated information system strategy to facilitate achievement of TMRC's business strategy.
• Maintaining disaster recovery plans for the organization's information system to ensure business continuity.
• Effective maintenance and Monitoring of information system security policies, procedures and control techniques and ensure that they are adhered to.
• Information systems development and support.
• Plan and upgrade systems to meet current and future organizational business needs.
• Review of TMRC's Operations Policy and executes operations activities in line with the policy.
• Support TMRC's ICT infrastructure i.e. SAGE Accpac ERP& Mortgage Refinancing Information System (MRIS), MS Windows operating systems, CISCO equipped Network and associated hardware equipment.
• Execute TMRC's IT plan and the day to day IT activities i.e. backup TMRC's Data, user support, repairs and recommend acquisition of hardware, software and maintenance required.
• In collaboration with credit manager, update and maintain customers' records that include their current financial positions/performances, mortgages pool data etc. Opening, processing and maintaining approved customers' loans Accounts from the operations perspective. It is end-to-end processing, from loans applications, disbursement and accounts maintenance.
• Processing customers' transactions i.e, posting disbursement, interest payments, Principal repayments, penalty payments and other transactions relevant to respective customers into mortgage refinancing Information System (MRIS).
• Performs other or related duties as assigned by the management.
Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Commerce , Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Computer Science or equivalent qualifications with experience of at least five (5) years in financial institution.
• Well knowledgeable and experienced in banking operations and Information Technology.
• Familiar with new IT Developments such as Windows Server 2008, MS Exchange 2010, MS SOL Server 2008, Windows 7, Office 2010 etc.
• Experience in lending/credit operations.
• Strong background in user support.
• Experience in Systems Development will be added advantages.
Tanzania Mortgage Refinance Company Limited offers an attractive remuneration package and an excellent working environment.
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing the following:
1. An application letter showing how they meet the post's requirements
2. Comprehensive Curriculum Vitae
3. Copies of original certificates and awards to support his/her credentials
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or e-mail address(s)
5. Names and full address of three (3) professional related referees
How to Apply:
Applications should reach at the address below;
Managing Consultant, People Dynamics Limited
Plot 13211 Migombani Road /Regent Estate, Mikocheni
P.O. Box 11267
Dar es Salaam
Only successfully candidates will be contacted for interview.