Job Title: Mining Engineer - 1 Post
Employer: African Barrick Gold (ABG)
Duty Station: Shinyanga and Mara, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 23rd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• To ensure that Daily Mining Plans are prepared to required standards and issued to operations for use in production planning
• Assist the Senior Mining Engineers in preparation of weekly plans in line with the monthly plan and budget.
• Preparation of blast blocks in conjunction with Geologists and liaising with Explosives Contractor to nominate drilling patterns and blast initiation methods.
• Liaise with Explosives Contractor to ensure that blast movements and vibrations are monitored and reported timely.
• Liaise with Explosives Contractor to ensure that blast reconciliations are done and reported timely Assist the Senior Mining Engineers in compilation of production data and reporting
• To co-ordinate and incorporate inputs from various sections e.g. geology, geotech survey into the production
• Assist the Senior Mining Engineers to ensure that excavation achieves the design specifications (e.g. bench toe & crest, ramps, haul roads)
• Assist the Senior Mining Engineers to ensure that waste dump benches follow the designed sequence and are rehabilitated to meet sustainable Environmental standards.
• Liaise with Maintenance Planners on equipment services.
• Act on behalf of the Senior Mining Engineer as required.
• To be pro-active in all aspects of operational safety, ensure efficient utilization of the resources and encourage teamwork across the departments
• Manage Succession Planning within the Mining Team to ensure that the PML commitments to the Tanzanian government with respect to the development of Tanzanian employees to assume positions of increasing accountability are achieved.
• Manage business decisions and transaction in compliance to the Company Code of Ethics and compliance to the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) law and standards.
• Any other duties that may be assigned to fulfill the overall business objective.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Degree in Mining Engineering.
• Basic skills in the use of Vulcan, Surpac or similar mining software packages.
• Practical knowledge in the use of spreadsheet and database software packages.
• Be able to perform open.pit production engineering roles with minimal supervision.
• A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in the mining industry
• Experience in large open pit operations utilizing excavators and large trucks.
• A valid Tanzanian Driving License.
• Good communication skills, Computer skills in Mining Engineering and Planning software.
How to Apply:
Applicants must include the following information in their applications:
Birth Certificate/Copy of travelling Passport (Compulsory)
• Details of education (include copies of certificates-Compulsory);
• Details of previous employment;
Home address (include village I town I city where living); Personal contact details (example; phone, email);
Provide 3 references with contact details (from previous employment if possible)
These positions will attract a competitive salary package, which will include excellent benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their Resumes (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via e-mail to: email@example.com
African Barrick Gold has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management. If you are not contacted by African Barrick Gold within Thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
African Barrick Gold is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is very committed to environmental, health and safety Management.