Job Title: Marketing Consultant Tanzania
Employer: Abercrombie and Kent Ltd
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 15th April 2014
• Day to day liaison with agents, sales directors and clients
• Prepare accurate proposals in a timely manner for clients and agents and ensure they are aware of our payment and cancellation terms and conditions
• Ensure S&M staff proposals are accurate and costed correctly
• Ensure all agents are aware of company’s standard terms & conditions of business
• Where possible always sell Sanctuary Lodges as our first choice on safaris
• Have full responsibility that the achievement of area profit margins are maintained on
• All business transacted within the department
• Protect and develop the existing client base through continuous relationship building and customer service programs.
• Acquire new business through sales initiatives
• Engage in secondary contracting with Service suppliers to maintain target rates of profitability or achieve improved profitability.
• Attend major travel fairs and exhibitions
• Create and maintain a library of marketing materials.
• Research and qualify new hotels, lodges and other products, keeping the overseas offices and tour operations managers informed of such developments.
• Prepare and distribute periodically, in-house news-letters and information notices.
• Prepare / assist in the preparation of brochures when necessary.
• Create and manage itineraries, presentations, lunches, dinners etc for visiting agents and A&K / Akorn personnel, arranging accommodation at complimentary or discounted rates.
• Evaluate and report on the success of all Farm trips.
• Meet and host VIPs
• Prepare / assist in the preparation and presentation of Itineraries for VIPs
• Report monthly on Marketing department activity and achievement
• Liaise with Travel Studio manager to ensure that destination and suppliers’ information is constantly updated.
Knowledge and Skills:
• The job demands in-depth knowledge of the Tanzanian and East African Tourist Market, the destinations and quality of facilities, the culture and ethics of the indigenous peoples.
• A thorough knowledge of the laws and regulations governing Tourism in East Africa.
• A detailed knowledge of the local geography and emergency services.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Good verbal reasoning skills.
• High levels of selling and negotiating skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Report writing skills.
• Presentation and communication skills of the highest quality.
• Market intelligence gathering skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Good numeric skills.
• An understanding of budgetary methods.
• Financial awareness and the ability to interpret management accounts.
• A good understanding of contract law
• Creativity, vision, innovation and independence.
• High levels of man-management skills.
• Leadership skills.
• Time and resource management skills.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to remain calm under extreme pressure.
• Public relations skills.
• Computer literacy and a detailed knowledge of the operation of Travel Studio
How to Apply:
Send an application letter with detailed curriculum vitae to:
Abercrombie and Kent Ltd,
P.O. Box 427,