Job Title; Market Linkages Specialist
Employer: An International Ngo
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 30th April 2014
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and implement strategies to develop market linkages, map out key marketing systems and engage market actors.
• Review and assess existing marketing associations and their linkages to end markets.
• Train local service providers, farmers and/or producer groups to better understand and analyze and better serve their markets.
• Engage value chain actors - farmers, producer groups, traders, service providers, millers and buyers - to create new and/or diversified market linkages.
• Build understanding among agricultural producers of the advantages of using storage and warehousing.
• Facilitate linkages between traders and newly established warehouses.
• Coordinate communications among various value chain actors to improve the flow of market information.
• Provide technical assistance encouraging producers and agribusinesses to develop value-added, market-oriented products.
• Develop and maintain strong partnerships with producer groups, cooperatives, partners, collaborators, financial institutions and other associated value chain actors.
• Masters degree in marketing, business or other related field. Strong, relevant work experience will be considered as a substitute for the degree requirement at our discretion.
• At least three years experience in the regional and/or local rice and maize marketing chains.
• Outstanding English-language verbal and written communication skills.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should send cover letter, CV and references electronically by 30th April 2015.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.