Job Title: Managing Director
Ref NO. PASS/MD/04/14
Employer: Private Agricultural Sector Support (Pass)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 18th April 2014
• Reporting to and advising the Board of Trustees on various issues pertaining to the Trust;
• Networking with external partners including the Government of Tanzania, development partners and other stakeholders;
• Ensuring timely preparation and submission of quality reports to all stakeholders;
• To act as chief spokesperson of the Trust;
• S, Creating awareness, marketing and building a strong corporate image to maximize the Trust's value;
• Providing leadership in formulating, implementing and monitoring strategies to facilitate creation and wide accessibility to economically viable products, to ensure sustainability of the Trust;
• Managing overall finances of the Trust (including the CGF), mitigating financial risks and utilization of the company's assets to ensure a sustainable organization development in line with the Trust's mission;
• Ensuring management of the Trust's finances as per the law and the Boards instructions which are in line with the Trust's vision and mission;
• Ensuring that human resource capacity and appropriate management structures and policies are developed within the organization for sustainable growth; and
• Performing any other assignments as may be assigned by the Board of Trustees within the scope of PASS Trust Business.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A professional agricultural development specialist with extensive field experience in African agriculture and agribusiness development, financial, management and related field
• A good academic background with a minimum of a Master's Degree in Agronomy, Agribusiness, Finance, or related discipline, backed up by
• extensive experience in business planning, project analysis, evaluation and monitoring
• A minimum 10 years of which 5 should be at senior managerial position.
• Experience in facilitating lending to smallholders including experience in negotiating with Banks.
• Experience is commercial banking is an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent., managerial and interpersonal-skills and ability to motivate and inspire a pool of professional staff
• Have good presentation skills and familiar with Microsoft office applications,
• Have extensive experience in credit guarantee schemes and other financial or non-financial business development services required to accelerate
• investments in small and medium scale farming and agro enterprises.
• 4, Knowledge in agriculture financing.
How to Apply:
Note: For the MD position only applications of Tanzanian Nationals will be considered however for the OMO positions other East African Nationalities will be considered.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions, send your application, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees.
Please quote the respective Reference number on both on the application letter and envelope.
Applications should be submitted to the address below no later than 18 April 2014.
Applications which do not indicate the reference number or attach an application letter or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Email applications should bear the reference number of the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue