Job Title; Maintenance Technician II
Employer: Tanzania Bureau Of Standards (TBS)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Application Deadline: 22nd April 2014
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports to the head of section
• Assists in maintenance of the Bureau’s equipment
• Assists in repairing machines and apparatus in the laboratories
• Assists in maintenance of specialized equipment/apparatus
• Assists in interpretation of preventive maintenance reports, follow-up and rectification of detected faults
• Assists in checking on daily maintenance routines
• Assists in carrying out minor service, repair, installation works in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry and painting duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Assists in carrying out cleaning of machines, equipment and working environment
• Assists in recording and monitoring timely the performance of machines, installations, buildings and other equipment using check lists and ensure economical and correct use of the Bureau’s equipment
• Assisting in recording inventory of related working equipment/tools
• Assisting technicians and engineers in repairing work and carrying out engineering related activities
• Observing safety precautions to personnel, tools, instruments and equipment
• Any other related duties as may be assigned by the Head of Section
Qualifications and experience:
Holders of Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in Electrical Engineering from recognized institutions.
How to Apply:
All above posts carry attractive remuneration packages and fringe benefits in accordance with the qualifications and experience stated in the specific post.
• Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their hand
• written application letters attached with copies of relevant certificates,
• Testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
• The CV must incorporate contact details including telephone numbers, email
• Addresses and three referees with their telephone numbers and addresses.
• Form IV and Form VI result slips are strictly not accepted.
• The applications should reach the address below on or before 22-04-2014.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for the interview. 12
• Applicants who are currently employed in the public service should route their
• Application letters through their respective employers.
• HAND DELIVERY IS NOT ALLOWED.
• This advert can also be viewed on TBS website www.tbs.go.tz.
Tanzania Bureau of Standards,
P. O. Box 9524,